Enhanced Due Diligence Reports / Detailed KYC Background Checks in Russia
We have been providing our clients with high quality and cost effective enhanced due diligence reports (also known as background reports or background checks) on individuals and companies in Russia since 1999. We have long-term and extensive experience in the Russian market.
Through the use of extensive and proven investigative tools coupled with our in-depth knowledge of Russia, our comprehensive research will confirm the probity and legitimacy of any individual person or corporate entity.
All of our research is supported by our own team members who have not only lived and worked in the country but who are also fluent in the Russian language. In addition, we utilize reliable local Russian associates to provide detailed in-country intelligence.
If you are contemplating entering into a professional relationship with a Russian partner or prospect, it is imperative to conduct enhanced due diligence investigations.
A full enhanced due diligence report will confirm whether a customer or partner (prospective or existing) is providing you with complete and accurate information. Our detailed research will also uncover any existence of criminal activity such as money laundering, corruption, terrorist financing or fraud.
In terms of our investigations, we seek to confirm the following information during the course of our enquiries:
- Confirmation of identity
- Current and/or previous residential addresses
- Past and/or present passports issued to the subject of our report
- Information regarding the subject’s family members and civil status
- The subject’s career history and professional background, including corporate positions and shareholdings
- Any real estate and vehicles owned by the subject
- Any negative or detrimental material regarding the subject and the subject’s business interests
- Whether the subject should be viewed as a PEP (politically exposed person) and/or a close family member or associate of a PEP
- Any links between the subject and organised crime, money laundering, corruption, business crime and/or any other type of criminal activity
- Sanctions risks
Client confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us, and all of our enhanced due diligence checks in Russia are conducted in a totally discreet manner.
Russia offers considerable opportunities from a business perspective: our thorough investigations will help to identify and minimise any potential business risks together with ensuring that our clients are meeting their legal and regulatory obligations and enhanced due diligence requirements.
Since spring 2014, the EU, United States (OFAC) and other jurisdictions have placed a variety of restrictions on some individuals and corporate entities in Russia. These restrictions include financial sanctions, asset freezes and travel bans. Our thorough research confirms whether the subject of our report is affected or listed, thus ensuring your due diligence obligations and requirements are met.