Enhanced Due Diligence Reports / Detailed KYC Background Checks in Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We have been providing our clients with high quality and cost effective enhanced due diligence reports (also known as background reports or background checks) since 1999. One of the key areas that we specialise in is the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), including associate and past members.
- Georgia (former member)
- Turkmenistan (associate member)
- Ukraine (associate member)
Since 1999, we have gained considerable and detailed expertise in providing enhanced due diligence reports in the countries listed above.
Our enhanced due diligence reports are completed by dedicated team members and associates who have lived and worked in CIS countries and are fluent in the relevant languages and dialects. This wealth of experience, overseen by Proximal Consulting founder Peter Lilley, enables our reports to give confidential and precise information, fulfilling your enhanced due diligence requirements.
A Proximal Consulting enhanced due diligence report will confirm whether a customer or partner (prospective or existing) is providing you with complete and accurate information. Our detailed research will also uncover any existence of criminal activity such as money laundering, corruption, terrorist financing or fraud.
Our enhanced due diligence reports on individuals and/or companies in CIS countries will not only ensure that the legal and regulatory obligations of our clients have been met but they are also designed to safeguard our clients from any financial, legal, operational or reputational risks.
Through a combination of extensive and proven investigative tools together with reliable associates providing in-country intelligence, we can determine the legitimacy of an individual or legal entity in a variety of CIS countries.
In terms of our investigations, we seek to confirm the following information during the course of our enquiries:
- Confirmation of identity
- Current and/or previous residential addresses
- Past and/or present passports issued to the subject of ourreport
- Information regarding the subject’s family members and civil status
- The subject’s career history and professional background, including corporate positions and shareholdings
- Any real estate and vehicles owned by the subject
- Any negative or detrimental material regarding the subject and the subject’s business interests
- Whether the subject should be viewed as a PEP (politically exposed person) and/or a close family member or associate of a PEP
- Any links between the subject and organised crime, money laundering, corruption, business crime and/or any other type of criminal activity
- Sanctions risks
The above information varies between CIS countries due to country specific privacy laws. We are able to advise on the particulars of each report, along with its fixed price, before any work is commenced.
Client confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us, and all of our enhanced due diligence checks in CIS countries are conducted in a totally discreet manner.
Since spring 2014, the EU, United States (OFAC) and other jurisdictions have placed a variety of restrictions on some individuals and corporate entities in Russia and other CIS countries. These restrictions include financial sanctions, asset freezes and travel bans. Our thorough research confirms whether the subject of our report is affected or listed, thus ensuring your due diligence obligations and requirements are met.
All our enhanced due diligence reports are tailor-made to our clients’ requirements at a fixed price and within an agreed time frame.
To request more information about our enhanced due diligence reports, please contact us.