Enhanced Due Diligence Reports / Detailed KYC Background Checks in Africa
We have been providing our clients with high quality and cost effective KYC enhanced due diligence reports (also known as background reports or background checks) since 1999. We have extensive experience of carrying out research and producing reports on individuals and corporate entities that are located in Africa.
If you are contemplating entering into a professional relationship with a potential partner, it is imperative to conduct know your customer (KYC) or due diligence checks . A Proximal Consulting enhanced due diligence report will confirm whether a customer or partner (prospective or existing) is providing you with complete and accurate information.
Our detailed research and KYC checks will uncover any existence of criminal activity such as money laundering, corruption, terrorist financing or fraud, and will ensure your enhanced due diligence requirements are met.
We have specific detailed experience and a network of associates in the following countries and nations:
- Burkina Faso
- Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of Congo
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
However, it should be appreciated that the continent is very disparate and diverse. In addition, the availability of official records is very limited and varies between countries. Civil unrest and volatile privacy laws also restrict the level of information that is available.
Proximal Consulting’s substantial and in-depth experience of investigating corruption, PEPs (politically exposed persons), sanctions, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, enables us to look well beyond what purely exists on the surface.
In terms of our investigations, we seek to confirm the following information during the course of our enquiries:
- Confirmation of identity
- Current and/or previous residential addresses of the subject of our report
- Information regarding the subject’s family members and civil status
- Whether the subject should be viewed as a PEP (politically exposed person) and/or a close family member or associate of a PEP
- The subject’s career history and professional background, including corporate positions and shareholdings
- Any negative or detrimental material regarding the subject and the subject’s business interests
- Any links between the subject and organised crime, money laundering, corruption, business crime and/or any other type of criminal activity
- Our KYC due diligence reports help identify and minimise potential business risks together with ensuring that our clients are meeting their legal and regulatory obligations
- Sanctions risks
Client confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us, and all of our due diligence checks are conducted in a totally discreet manner.
All our EDD KYC reports are tailor-made to the requirements of our clients at a fixed price and within an agreed time frame.
To request more information about our KYC due diligence reports in Africa please contact us.